Friday, November 19, 2010

Wreaths, Chocolate and Snow!

Good Morning West Coasters!

This morning when I headed off to the greenhouse at 630am I did not expect to see snow when I opened my door but sure enough, it was there!! I had been hearing rumours on the news but wasn't convinced we would really get snow so early. With this snow providing a good dose of Christmas spirit I think I will start decorating my own home this weekend. When do you start decorating for Christmas?

The good news is when I arrived to West Coast Gardens, South Surrey was much less snowy then Langley and the roads were clear heading down to our property. So for those wondering, there is no problem getting down to the store today :)

If you get the Peace Arch or Now Newspaper you may notice how we talk about having over 700
'glitter stems' in store. Before I started working here I had no idea what a glitter stem was so I thought I would share this picture with you!


You can use glitter stems by easily placing them in a container, wreath, garland or Christmas Tree.

When I had my first Christmas season at West Coast Gardens last year one thing that really stuck out to me were the beautifully decorated Christmas wreaths. I had never seen anything like it! We truly have decorations for any holiday style. The girls are busy bees making wreaths and other items for the store. Here are a few of my favorite wreaths so far:




This Christmas we are carrying more gift ware then we have in years past. A favorite item of the staff members is our product from Chocolate Flower Farm. We brought in a small box of the product to try out in retail and before the product made it to the floor all the items had been purchased by staff members! Needless to say, a second, much larger order was made that same day. For everything chocolate from candles, soap, tea and jam come visit us!


When I walk around the store there are so many little fun things that put a smile on my face. For example, I spotted this Santa Claus. His outfit is so amazing!! I can not get over his sweater and hat, its just too much :) So funny and cute.



He even has a gift under his arm!


See you Wednesday November 24th for the Poinsettia Premiere! Discover your own Christmas favorites :)

-Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment